When you hear the word meditation, chances are you’d have Transcendental Meditation classes as one of the items to pop in your head. That’s not surprising considering the fact that such technique is one of the most popular and widely practiced all over the world. There’s a reason for that too.
Transcendental Meditation or TM brings forth a total sense of health or overall wellbeing in all aspects: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. Its holistic benefits are one of the many reasons why people prefer it over other types. Add into that its ease and safety. Speaking of mental benefits, there are five main aspects in which the practice of TM aids the brain. These are memory, focus, function, creativity and perspective.
1st Aspect: MEMORY – Transcendental Meditation is a powerful tool to help improve and heighten one’s memory. Its ability to bring the mind working at its optimum causes this. As a matter of fact, studies have shown that its practice can help reduce the risks of short term memory loss as well as Alzheimer’s disease.
2nd Aspect: FOCUS – Apart from having a good memory, it also helps one focus better. Many of us tend to sway away from the tasks that we ought to do. We drift away and that’s not good if we want things done. TM encourages one to enter a deep state of relaxation. Focus is needed here so the practice keeps one closely acquainted with it.
3rd Aspect: FUNCTION – With stress removed and relaxation heightened, the brain is able to rest out from the hustles and bustles that it undergoes on a daily basis. This is good as the mind also has to rest in order to function well. You can’t have it going on twenty four seven otherwise you might crack and burn out.
4th Aspect: CREATIVITY – Another benefit is the increase in one’s creativity and innovation. You need this not only in art related stuff but most especially when it comes to coming up with solutions to solving problems or in doing school or work related tasks.
5th Aspect: PERSPECTIVE – Enrolling in Transcendental Meditation classes can also improve an individual’s perspective. One can stir away from negativity and into optimism. This promotes self confidence, acceptance and understanding. With stress going on and a whole lot of physical discomforts, one can easily feel negative. TM can help fix that.
Teenagers are one of the most advised age groups to enroll in a Transcendental Meditation course London. Why that has come to be and whether or not it is truly beneficial will be answered as you read through.
As a teenager, you can be considered as a boat on an estuary. You are where fresh water meets salt water, a body where the river ends and the ocean begins. In simpler terms you are in transition from being a kid into an adult. It’s not an easy stage. You’ve probably heard people say that nobody can prepare you enough for puberty. It’s true to some degree. There are a lot of changes not only physically but also mentally and emotionally. It can be pretty overwhelming which is why many teens are known to suffer from eating problems, anxiety and depression among others. This is why meditation is highly advised by professionals.
Transcendental Meditation or TM is one of those. It is a technique that is a combination of meditation, mantra and yogic practices that helps an individual reach a deep state of relaxation, calm and harmony al throughout varying degrees: mental, physical, emotional and spiritual. What makes it different is the ease in its practice. It’s even safe to the point that children, the elderly and expecting mothers can do it safely and with ease. So going back, how can TM aid teenagers and why must they enroll themselves in it?
- It helps improve self confidence and reliance. Many teens tend to have several insecurities about themselves from the way they look to how they perform in school and all that. TM helps build up confidence which is something that the real world requires of everyone.
- It strengthens the immune system and gives the body a healthy boost. It even helps curb out unnecessary and unhealthy food cravings such as sugar loaded, salt packed and cholesterol rich foods like sweets, soda and junk food. Truth be told, teens and even adults have a fondness for these items that we even refer to them as our “comfort food”. It’s unhealthy and nothing can change that.
- It fortifies brain function in terms of creativity, innovation, focus and memory among others. These are vital especially in school. Teenagers have a long road ahead of them and they need their brains to be functioning at tiptop shape. A Transcendental Meditation course London can surely help in that.
Relaxation defined refers to a form of activity that provides a change and relief from effort, work, and tension and gives enjoyment or pleasure. It can also pertain to an individual’s state of being free from stress, tension and anxiety. We have often been told that letting loose and relaxing from the daily grind is beneficial but what exactly does it bring about? We’ve got answers from Meditation-london.com so read further to find out.
- It aids in the decrease of an individual’s respiration rate thus reducing the need for oxygen thereby slowing the heart rate and minimizing the likelihood of hypertension, heart attack and stroke.
- It is known to aid in brain function particularly in memory and focus. Because of its anti stress benefits, it gives the wires in our head a time to calm down and rest. This is a good thing because burn outs can be fairly dangerous. At the same time, stress is the number one culprit in brain related ailments like Alzheimer’s. Studies have shown that tension increases the amount of a certain type of protein in the brain that has been linked to the said disease. At the same time, it helps you practice putting your mind into a specific task and therefore helps prevent one’s mind from often racing and jumping to and fro.
- It helps overcome fatigue and promotes rest. Relaxation calms an individual in such a way that helps him or her sleep better, deeper and sounder. As a matter of fact, it can help in relieving cases of insomnia and other sleep related problems.
- It has a number of health benefits. Apart from making your heart healthy and giving you a good night’s sleep, relaxation has also been known to reduce the likelihood of headaches and migraines.
- It makes you feel better. Simply making conscious efforts to breathe properly and adequately will already enable one to relieve muscle tension. This permits the increased availability and awareness of one’s positive emotions and inner thoughts.
- It helps you make better decisions. A steady head allows for better discernment and the ability to make better choices and not reckless ones.
- It keeps you away from depression. Due to its ability to amplify self confidence, acceptance and understanding, one is able to dodge the scary path towards anxiety and depression.
- It makes your body fit. According to Meditation-london.com, regularly making it a point to relax helps the mind and body better detect its needs. This makes for smarter food choices and lesser unhealthy sugar and salt cravings.